Home Page Forums Technical Discussion iPlay 40 firmware updates and Widevine certification

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
iPlay 40 firmware updates and Widevine certification
|
2021-08-18 23:50:09
Starter
#1F
Replies: 11 | Views 6609 | Favorites: 0 | Subscriptions: 2

ALLDOCUBE,

Does ALLDOCUBE support actually respond or even read these posts? I have yet to find a single response from an ALLDOCUBE representative…

According to:

Alldocube iPlay40(T1020S) firmware download

The latest firmware version for the iPlay 40 is:
iPlay40(T1020S)-EN-20210526

This web page lists its release date as August 7, 2021. It appears that you name files according to the release date. In this particular case, I assume that means this firmware was actually released on May 26, 2021, right? Can you please post a change log for this release? What is the difference between 20210525 and 20210526?

My iPlay 40 is currently on version:
iPlay40(T1020S)-EN-20210525

When I ‘Check for updates’ in Wireless Update it says I’m already at the latest version. When will ALLDOCUBE start distributing the new firmware via OTA?

I downloaded the latest firmware version to my device as a .rar. When I attempt to use the Local updates feature, it is expecting a .zip not a .rar. Can I simply un-rar the .pac file, zip it back up as a .zip and use Local updates?

I also attempted to use the ResearchDownload tool to upgrade the firmware on my device but it is not recognized when powered off, holding the power down button and plugging in the USB cable. Note that both adb and fastboot recognize the authorized device without issue.

Finally, will you please add Widevine L1 support to this tablet?

Any assistance you can provide would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Avaholic

Starter
2021-08-27 01:53:22
#2F

I have sent 2 separate messages to the ‘Email Us’ form on the ALLDOCUBE contact-us page. I have yet to receive any sort of response. Does ALLDOCUBE really exist as a company? What the heck??!

Has anyone updated their tablet outside of the OTA process? Any ideas about the above post?

LT
2021-08-27 19:28:13
#3F

Quote #2F by @avaholic:

I have sent 2 separate messages to the 'Email Us' form on the ALLDOCUBE contact-us page. I have yet to receive any sort of response. Does ALLDOCUBE really exist as a company? What the heck??! Has anyone updated their tablet outside…

Totally agree. The support is unavailable, haven’t received my answer at all. Mine iplay40 is unstable, constantly restarting, crashing and nothing could help.

Starter
2021-08-28 09:47:57
#4F

Regarding your device… have you tried a factory reset?

Make sure to backup your data to your google account then open:

Settings/System/Advanced/Reset Options

Then click ‘Erase All Data.’

2021-08-29 21:50:14
#5F

There is no difference between 20210525 and 20210526. I installed the 20210526 from the support page and in about tablet it says 20210525. It’s just a typo from alldocube, which says a lot about their software support. The fact that they can’t even update the Android safety patch to a recent version make me think we’ll never get widevine L1 support.

Starter
2021-08-31 02:52:04
#6F

Thanks RedNas74. You said you had installed it… Here are my original questions about the firmware upgrade. Can you please explain the process you used?

I downloaded the latest firmware version to my device as a .rar. When I attempt to use the Local updates feature, it is expecting a .zip not a .rar. Can I simply un-rar the .pac file, zip it back up as a .zip and use Local updates?

I also attempted to use the ResearchDownload tool to upgrade the firmware on my device but it is not recognized when powered off, holding the power down button and plugging in the USB cable. Note that both adb and fastboot recognize the authorized device without issue.

Thanks,

Avaholic

2021-09-01 03:37:45
#7F

I used the spreadtrum flash tool to flash the rom with the extracted pac file. You need to press volume down when connecting the tablet to your pc. And first install the driver of course. You could also try the spd factory tool, but that will erase everything on the tablet.

2021-10-19 10:49:04
#8F

20210526 is 20210525 actually and not really an upgrade/update. I’ve tried to flash it which ended up wiping my tablet clear and the version stay intact version 20210525. From download, documentation and the flash app. None of those give you an warning about flashing will wipe all your data which I feel frustrated, plus they don’t really care about you and ever reply your queries which is disappointing.

They haven’t release iPlay40 Pro Firmware yet, may be that’s the only upgrade to iPlay 40 as most of hardware is the same

2021-11-06 06:09:41
#9F

There is a firmware released as of today:

Alldocube iPlay40H(T1020H) firmware download

Starter
2021-11-06 07:47:03
#10F

Thanks but that firmware is for the T1020h model. My iPlay 40 tablet is a T1020s model. No idea if the 2 versions would be compatible or not but with all the posts of others having issues with their tablets, I am very hesitant to do anything. Mine has been very stable and I have not seen any of the reported problems that others have had. (Knock on wood.) Note that when I check for ‘Wireless Update’ or through ‘System Update’ there are no new versions available.

Also, there’s not even a change log. Why in the world would a company release new firmware and not even explain what’s actually new about it?? LOL

I like the product as an affordable Android tablet but the company that manufactures the tablet is a joke…sorry to say.

I still have yet to see ONE single Alldocube response to anybody’s posts on this forum. ‘After sales support’ should have company reps answering people’s questions, etc. Where is their After Sales support??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
Post a new Topic
SUBSCRIBE NOW